While the government doesn't have any rules around how you should use your First Home Owners Grant (FHOG), the grant itself is usually paid to you post settlement, after you've bought the property. Some lenders may allow you to use the FHOG as part of your deposit, but this is normally considered on a case by case basis.

An Aussie Broker can help you find out which lenders on our panel will allow you to do this, and on which products

The ultimate resource is an Aussie Broker

Talk to us today