Aussie moderates comments on all blog posts. We also invite our community members to flag inappropriate comments.
When commenting, please consider the following:
- Be respectful of the blog author and community members by staying on topic with your comments.
- Comments that are spam will not be published, and will be flagged as spam in Aussie’s spam-filter.
- Comments that do not relate to the article that they are left on will not be published: they will be deleted.
- Comments that are “signed” with a blog or website URL/address will not be published, unless the URL is directly relevant to the content of the blog post and the comment you left.
- Comments that contain personally identifiable information such as email addresses or phone numbers will not be published.
- Comments that do not meet Aussie’s publication standards (including racism, hate-speech, violence etc) will not be published, and may be reported as spam at Aussie’s sole discretion.
- Generic comments like “Great article”, “Thank you” and “+1” may be published at our discretion. We suggest you craft a more meaningful comment if you want to guarantee it gets published. Generally, helpful, relevant, on-topic comments will be published.
- As this is an English-language blog, only English-language comments are accepted. Others will be deleted, or marked as spam.
- Comments that provide specific feedback about problems you have with the content in a post- or about the content being out of date since the post was published – are especially welcome.
- All comments are published, or rejected, as is. We do not edit or alter your comments in any way.
Application of all these principles is at Aussie’s discretion.