Thousands of mortgage brokers across Australia are scrambling to become compliant under new National Credit Code regulations, to apply fully on January 1, 2011.
Brokers working independently, or for smaller organisations, will find it incredibly difficult to become compliant due to the onerous and costly task of compliance.
Aussie’s HR and Recruitment Manager Celene Stanford said brokers working in the industry would benefit by joining the Aussie team, as the company has a raft of tools, training and support in place to guide brokers through NCCP.
“Aussie has the tools in place in order to help brokers meet all of the requirements in customer needs analysis, which is a major part of NCCP compliance,” she said.
“For a sole operator, or one working for a small company, compliance can be onerous, unnecessarily time consuming and expensive.”
She said another benefit of joining the Aussie team is the training offered as a standard introduction to the company.
“Our extensive training is benchmarked to the minimum standards required by the industry regulators,” she said. “This training is provided as part of our intensive induction process which is offered to everyone who joins the Aussie team.”
Ms Stanford said while it was well-known among the industry that Aussie offer brokers a market-leading brand, backed up by an impressive marketing spend, guaranteed company-sourced leads – the benefits of training and compliance were often ignored.
“We want our brokers to be able to go out into the market and do what they do best, and that is help Australians with their finances,” she said.
“We believe that our brokers should be focused on this, rather than be bogged down with compliance issues.”
Why Aussie is the place to be if you’re a broker – at a glance
• Tools in place to support brokers through NCCC compliance
• Training – benchmarked to minimum standards required by regulators
• Aussie is a member of COSL and offers its brokers discounted membership rates, as well as managing the process on broker’s behalf
• Brokers have access to an internal Customer Service Team – will manage dealings with COSL on their behalf
• Aussie will help manage ASIC registration
• Brokers have access to corporate counsel
• Aussie has a document storage and management process available to brokers
If you’re interested in becoming an Aussie broker, please contact Celene Stanford on (02) 8297 0304 or on firstname.lastname@example.org