What happens if you’re on holiday and you find the perfect place to live? The place you spend your summer holiday can appeal for many reasons but you should always check the following before you jump into a contract for a new home.
- When you are on holidays, you are relaxing and everything looks wonderful, but check that the facilities you normally use are actually available here as well
- Will you have to transfer with your job to make it work? And is it possible to transfer?
- Can you commute if necessary?
- If you have kids, where are the schools?
- What are the job opportunities like?
If you can satisfy all of these questions, then talk to an Aussie Broker about how this can work. Remember that lenders will want to know that a job transfer would be permanent and would not carry with it a probation period for the new position. They will also want to know that your income won’t change for the worst. If you are looking at a new job, the same conditions will apply. If it is possible to commute, then there will be less worry.
Is it possible to buy this property without having to sell your existing home? Do you have equity in the property enough to cover the new purchase costs? If you have to sell, how much profit would you have to buy your new home?
Property reports can be a great way to work out an approximate value so you can move forward with some confidence. Many Brokers these days have access to all of this information and can help you decide which way would be best for you moving forward.
Have all of your questions ready, so you don’t forget what to ask in the excitement of getting your new home! You could have a never ending holiday destination in your future!