Managing your account online
You first need to register to access your account online. You can also call us on 1300 660 841.
With your online account access you can easily:
- View your credit card balance
- Transactions for the previous 120 days
- View all transactions since your last statement
You can also view statement period transaction details for the previous three months and download your transactions to your own financial software package.
With your online account access you can also:
- Pay bills for over 15,000 registered billers via BPAY® - just look for the ones that display the BPAY logo.
- Pay anyone - transfer funds to accounts held at other financial Australian institutions.
Other great features
Through your online account access you can also:
- Request a change to your credit card limit
- Make payments
- Add an additional cardholder to your credit card account
- Transfer balances from other non-Aussie credit cards
Managing your account over the phone
You can securely access your credit card account over the phone (once phone access is set up) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Over the phone you can:
- Check your account balance and get the details of your last 20 transactions
- Pay over 15,000 types of bills using BPAY®
- Change your address details if you have recently moved
- Order previous credit card statements
To register, call us on 1300 660 841 anytime.
Changing personal details
You can change your personal details by calling us on 1300 660 841.
Changing your credit limit
You can request an increase or decrease to your credit card limit at any time. We offer limits from $1,000 to $15,000, subject to an assessment of your financial situation. It's easy to apply for a change to your credit card limit.
You can provide Aussie with your consent to receive credit limit increase written invitations via Aussie Internet Account Access, by calling us on 1300 660 841 or complete the Credit limit increase written invitation consent form.
If you change your mind and want to withdraw your consent to receive credit limit increase written invitations, call us on 1300 660 841 or complete the Credit limit increase written invitation withdraw consent form.
The Aussie MasterCard gives you the option of linking up to 3 additional credit card cardholders to your account - with just one bill to manage each month.
The same credit limit is shared across all linked credit cards and the annual fee is just $10 per additional card.
As the primary cardholder, you're responsible for all transactions made on your credit card and on the additional card or cards. So make sure you only provide cards to people that you trust.
Be aware, because your credit limit does not change, you'll also need to keep on top of the account to ensure you're not charged any overlimit fees.
You can request one extra credit card when you first apply for your Aussie MasterCard®.
Call us on 1300 660 841 or download and complete the Additional Card Application Form.
When you have filled out the form please send it to:
Aussie credit cards
Locked Bag 2905
Collins Street West
Melbourne VIC 8007
All cardholders must be over 16 and will also need to have their ID confirmed.
**Can be subject to system outages. Any advice does not take into account your personal needs and financial circumstances and you should consider whether it is appropriate for you. We recommend you read the Aussie MasterCard conditions of use before acquiring the product. Aussie credit cards are provided under agreement by Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited ABN 11 005 357 522, Australian Credit Licence Number 234527.
Making your monthly credit card payments
Each month you'll need to pay at least 2% of the amount you owe on your credit card or $10, whichever amount is higher.
We'll send you a statement letting you know the minimum amount you have to pay. The statement will also show you the full amount owing on your credit card (also known as the Closing Balance).
To make your monthly payment you can use:
- CardPay Direct
- A cheque
BPAY®is the easiest way to make a payment. Use it to transfer funds from your cheque or savings account at any time via the Internet or Telephone Access. The Aussie MasterCard Biller code is 838805. Your credit card number is your reference number.
CardPay Direct is a direct debit arrangement from your nominated transaction account. It takes the hassle out of paying your credit card bills. Once you set it up, all your payments are automatic. Check this is available with your financial institution.
You can choose to:
- Debit the minimum monthly payment - This way you can be sure you won't miss a payment but you can still make additional payments at any time.
- Debit a fixed amount - So you know exactly what's coming out of your account each month.
- Debit the total amount owing each month
A great way to save on interest, but you need to be sure there's enough money in your account each month to cover your full credit card balance.
Call us on 1300 660 841 to apply for CardPay Direct or printout and complete the CardPay Direct Form and post it to us.
Tear off and complete the payment slip from your statement then send it and a cheque to:
Aussie credit cards
Locked Bag 3135
GPO Melbourne VIC 3001
Other things you should know about credit card payments
- If you have balances on your account earning different interest amounts, then the balance earning the lowest interest will be paid off first by any payments made. So if you are on a promotional interest rate of 2.99% p.a. for example, but you've also bought things on our standard low rate of 13.29% p.a., the promotional amount will be paid off first.
- If you are late with a monthly payment then you will be charged a fee of $25.
- If you spend more than your credit limit you'll be charged $25. You'll only be charged this fee once per month, regardless of how many times you go over the limit.
- Your up-to-55 day interest free period is based on your statement and payment cycles. Basically, you get a statement every 30 days and have 25 days to pay that statement. If you paid your previous statement balance in full by the due date and you make a purchase on the first day of the next cycle, you have 55 interest-free days on that purchase.
Aussie credit cards are provided under agreement by Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited ABN 11 005 357 522, Australian Credit Licence Number 234527.
Using your card overseas
Wherever you are in the world, you can access your Aussie MasterCard account.
MasterCard is accepted worldwide - at more locations, in as many countries as any other card. You can use your MasterCard in over 34 million retailers, and over 1.9 million ATMs, in over 210 countries.
Note that Overseas Transaction Fees may apply. See the ‘Fee’ section below for further information.
Cash withdrawal charges
- A 2% fee or the minimum fee set out below, whichever is greater, will be charged if you obtain a cash advance from your credit card account. An ATM operator fee may also apply.
- If the account (based on transactions processed by us) is in credit balance at the time we process the cash advance, the credit amount will offset the amount of the cash advance in the calculation of the 2% fee.
- The 2% fee will be calculated with reference to the cash advance amount in Australian dollars, (including any related charge such as any ATM operator fee) plus any Overseas Transaction Fee charged on the transaction.
- A minimum fee of $4.00 will apply for cash advances made at an ATM, bank or other financial institution.
Interest will be charged on Cash Advances at the Interest Rate for Cash Advances* in accordance with the Aussie MasterCard Conditions of Use. Overseas Transaction Fees (see below for details) and ATM operator fees may also apply.
* The interest rate for Cash Advances is currently 21.49% p.a. and is subject to change.
How to transfer a balance
You'll need to tell us:
- Who issued the card, e.g. Westpac, NAB, American Express
- Your account number
- The amount you want transferred
When we'll arrange the transfer for you, provided it meets our balance transfer rules:
You can transfer:
- Up to two balances when you first apply for an Aussie MasterCard®.
- Whenever you like after the credit card is activated.
- Up to a total of 95% of your available credit limit at the time of processing.
You can't transfer balances:
- From international credit cards or store cards
- If the amount is less than $100 per card
- If the balance on your Aussie credit card account has reached or exceeded 95% of the available credit limit
- If you're in default under an existing Aussie credit card account at the time the application is received
- If the other credit card or store card account named in your application is in default at the time the application is received
- If your Aussie MasterCard® has not been activated
Log-in to your account online to arrange for same day processing of balance transfers online
- When logged into your account, look under the "Cards" section and then click on the "Credit Card Balance Transfer" link on the page to request the transfer to your Aussie credit card.
- Make the request before 6pm (EST) on a business day (excluding bank holidays), and the transfer will be processed by us that same day.
- Online transfers requested after 6pm will be processed by us on the next business day (excluding bank holidays)
For online access - If you go online to request the transfer to your Aussie credit card before 6pm (EST) on a business day (excluding bank holidays), the transfer will be processed by us that same day. Online transfers requested after 6pm will be processed by us on the next business day (excluding bank holidays).
For phone access - If you request the transfer over the phone, it will take around 3 working days to process if approved.
How soon the money will go into the account of your other card depends on the policy and systems of the issuer of that card.
We'll send you a letter once the balance transfer has been completed by us. Transfer details will also appear on your Aussie MasterCard® statement and the statement of your other card. You should continue to make repayments on any amounts outstanding with other cards until we notify you of the transfer.
Balance transfer fees & limits
The standard variable interest rate for standard balance transfers is set out below in the ‘standard variable interest rates’ section of this page and is currently the same as the cash advance interest rate.¹ This rate applies to standard balance transfers.
In certain cases, there may be a promotional interest rate (you’ll see that rate in the relevant promotional balance transfer offer). After the promotional period ends, interest will be charged on any unpaid balance at the interest rate which applies to standard balance transfers.
We will only process balance transfer requests up to 95% of the available credit limit on your credit card.
Check any automatic bill payments that you've set up, because if the payment and the transfer happen at the same time you could go over your limit. To delete any bill payment you think might cause a problem, log in to your online account access and go to "Future Payments/Transfers".
We may be able to increase your limit to cover the transfer amount, which you need to apply for.
1Only valid for balance transfers from certain non-Aussie credit cards and store cards. Interest accrues on balance transfers from the date the transfer is processed by us. Terms and conditions apply to balance transfers. For a copy of the terms and conditions please call 1300 660 841. Balance transfer rate applies only to the balance transferred from the date your card is approved, and then reverts to the standard balance transfer rate. The interest rate on standard balance transfers is currently 21.49%. This rate is current as at 17 June 2016 and is subject to change.
We have some great deals for our credit card customers:
- Priceless Sydney - Welcome to Priceless Sydney. A unique collection of experiences selected exclusively for Aussie MasterCard cardholders. From dining, shopping and sporting opportunities to exciting hotel and entertainment offers, the best of Sydney is waiting at PricelessSydney.com.au
- MasterCard® Privileges - the place to indulge in a broad range of local and global experiences across dining, travel, retail and entertainment. Available to all Aussie MasterCard cardholders, treat yourself today at mastercard.com.au/privileges
- eDine (existing eDine customers only) - Get discounts at over 2500 restaurants, hotels, car hire & attractions around Australia & New Zealand. It's just $35 a year, so your eDine membership could pay for itself the second time you use it. Join now by calling 1300 660 841 to checkout all the offers and discounts available through eDine. Current members can login to the eDine website here.
Fees & charges
In addition to our low annual fee of $49, there are a few additional credit card fees you need to be aware of. Most of these extra fees can be avoided - we'll tell you how.
Standard variable interest rates
Purchase rate: 13.29% p.a.
Cash advance rate: 21.49% p.a.
Standard balance transfers rate: 21.49% p.a
Rates are current as at 17 June 2016 and are subject to change.
How to avoid it
|Overlimit fee: $25
If the balance of your account exceeds your credit limit at any time during a statement period you'll be charged $25 at the end of that Statement Period.
|You can avoid this fee by spending within your approved credit limit. You can check your limit and available balance any time online (if you've registered for account access online) or over the phone on 1300 660 841. You can also apply for a higher credit limit. To opt out (withdraw consent) from being charged an overlimit fee call us on 1300 660 841.|
|Late payment fee: $25
If you don't pay the "Minimum Monthly Payment" plus any amount "Payable Immediately" by the "Due Date" shown on the statement of account, you'll be charged $25.
|Pay the amount shown by the due date|
|Cash advance fee
||If you need to get a cash advance, this one is difficult to avoid. But if your account is in credit (based on transactions processed by us) at the time we process the cash advance, the credit amount will offset the amount of the cash advance in the calculation of the 2% fee, which in some cases, may reduce the amount of the Cash Advance Fee. Note that the minimum fee will apply even if your account is in credit.|
Overseas Transaction fee: variable
We will charge 3% of the value of any International Transaction processed to your credit card account.
An International Transaction is any transaction:
For an International Transaction using an ATM, the Overseas Transaction Fee is calculated on the value of the transaction and any ATM operator fee that you accept when you proceed with the transaction at the ATM.
|Unfortunately there's no way to avoid this fee.|
|Priority fee: $20
If you request a priority issue of a credit card and/or PIN mailer you'll be charged $20.
|If possible, wait a little. There's no additional charge for the normal 2 to 5 day delivery time.|
|Additional Cardholder fee: $10
You have to pay an extra $10 per year for each additional cardholder on your account.
|You can't really avoid this one if you need to have additional cardholders, but it's cheaper than getting a whole new credit card account.|
For more info about the fees and charges download a copy of the Aussie MasterCard® Conditions of Use. If you have any questions, call us anytime on 1300 660 841.
**The standard variable interest rate for purchases is 13.29% p.a., on cash advances is 21.49% p.a. and on balance transfers is 21.49% p.a. Rates are current as at 17 June 2016 and are subject to change. Aussie credit cards are provided under agreement by Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited ABN 11 005 357 522, Australian Credit Licence Number 234527.
Card safety and security
We have lots of technology and processes in place to protect your credit card from fraud. We'll call you if we spot any suspicious use on your card, but there are a few precautions you can take as well.
Protect your credit card information
When you receive your credit card, immediately sign the strip on the back. Don't let anyone else use your credit card. When it expires, cut it in half.
Protect your PIN
- Memorise your PIN (Personal Identification Number) and destroy the piece of paper it came on.
- Don't keep a reminder of it in your wallet along with your credit card.
- Don't let anyone else know your PIN - even family and friends.
- Don't let anyone else see your PIN when you enter it into an ATM or any other electronic terminal.
- Don't write your PIN on your credit card, even if you try to disguise it.
Take care while shopping online
Deal only with reputable sites. Anyone can establish an internet site, so if you're unsure, request more information about the company and ask about its return and refund policy.
Look for the padlock symbol at the bottom of your internet window. It means the site is encrypted â€" making it difficult for another person to intercept the information you send over the internet.
Keep an eye on your credit card
When paying for things, particularly when overseas, try not to leave your credit card out of sight. Make sure when you make purchases the credit card is given back to you, always check the amount you are signing for when making a purchase, and ensure your credit card isn't scanned twice.
Don't reveal your credit card details
Never give out your credit card details to anyone unless you are sure they are legitimate, even if contacted by someone claiming to be from Aussie.
Check your statements and account balance online
Regularly check your balance online or over the phone and review your monthly credit card statement carefully. If there are any suspicious transactions, call 1300 660 841 immediately.
If you notify us of the suspicious transaction - and the transaction is found not to be yours - then you won't be liable for the payment.
Remember, sometimes the name of the store which appears on the statement is different from the store's trading name under, for example Joe Smith may trade as Acme Interiors.
Keep a record of your purchases
You should always get a printed transaction record in a bricks-and-mortar store, so make sure you print out your receipts when you shop online as well. A full set of records makes it much easier to check your credit card statement and ensure that all the purchases have been authorised by you or an additional card holder.
Sign up for MasterCard SecureCode
For extra peace of mind MasterCard SecureCode, is a free online security service that protects your card against unauthorised use when you shop online.
When you shop at participating online stores, you will receive a One Time Password (OTP) via SMS to your registered mobile number; you will be prompted to enter the OTP into the box provided on the MasterCard SecureCode screen. It means that only you can use your Aussie MasterCard online. This is an added layer of security when shopping online.
More information about MasterCard SecureCode is available on the MasterCard® web site.
If you need to update your registered mobile number or have any other issues with verifying your details whilst using your Aussie MasterCard please contact Aussie for further assistance:
Australia 1300 660 841
International +61 3 8699 6999
Store it safely
Try not to bend your credit card. Keep it away from magnetised objects (like your work security access pass or other credit cards) and loose change, or it may become deactivated.
Store your credit card in a place where it's not rubbing or scratching against another object - a separate compartment in your wallet is usually fine.
If your credit card stops working, call 1300 660 841 to order a replacement.
Lost or stolen cards
Please report a lost or stolen credit card, as soon as possible on 1300 660 841 so that we can block all transactions on your credit card account.
If you're overseas, call us on +61 3 8699 6997. We're happy for you to reverse the charges.
We'll send you a replacement credit card as soon as possible.
If you see any suspicious transactions listed, call us as soon as you can on 1300 660 841. Or download the dispute form and send it to us.
When checking your transaction record, look out for:
- Multiple transactions when you can only remember one.
- Merchants you have never heard of.
Remember, sometimes the name of the store which appears on the statement may be different from the store's trading name â€" so check the name against your printed receipts.
MasterCard® Zero Liability gives you the peace of mind of free protection against fraudulent transactions made with your card.
As a MasterCard cardholder, you are automatically covered by the Zero Liability policy for unauthorised transactions made using your card, in stores, online or over the phone. Find out more at http://www.mastercard.com.au/zero-liability.html.
**You may be liable for any other expenses incurred. Aussie credit cards are provided under agreement by Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited ABN 11 005 357 522, Australian Credit Licence Number 234527.
- Conditions of use
- Financial Services Guide
- Identity Verification Form
- CardPay Direct Form
- Additional Cardholders Application Form
- Credit Limit Increase/Decrease Form
- Balance Transfer Form
- CardPay Direct Cancellation Authority Form
- Customer Transaction Dispute Form
- Request to Combine Aussie Credit Card Accounts Form
- Dispute form
- Aussie Credit Guide
- Aussie Credit limit increase written invitation consent form
- Aussie Credit limit increase written invitation withdraw consent form
- Overlimit Fee consent form
Aussie credit cards are provided under agreement by Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited ABN 11 005 357 522, Australian Credit Licence Number 234527.