Welcome to Aussie's technical help section. If your technical question isn't answered below, please contact either your Internet Service Provider or call us on 1300 445566 and we’ll do our best to answer your questions.
About our web site
Our Aussie site contains all the information you need on our products and services – including Aussie's own home loans and our broking service covering a range of different lenders. The site also features Aussie Online account access and Aussie Credit Card online account access. The navigation links at the top and bottom of the screen give you access to information about Aussie, including how to find us, our history, news, careers, and sponsorship.
Using the Aussie web site http://www.aussie.com.au
You can access the major areas of the site by using the main navigation menu to the right of the Aussie logo at the top of your screen. Then, once you have navigated into a product section use the left hand navigation menus to navigate within sub-sections of the website. If you're looking for something in particular, you can search for relevant content using the Search Box. This is located in the top right of the screen next to the 'Account Login' button. Still can't find what you're looking for? Try our site map which can be accessed from on the bottom of every page. Clicking on our logo will take you back to the Aussie homepage.
Using our Calculators
If you are having trouble using our calculators, you need to have your browser set to enable both Flash and all forms of Java. Look in your browser's Tools or Preferences settings. If still having problems, your Internet Service Provider should be able to help.
Using Aussie Online
Aussie Online is our secure online account management section for current Aussie Home Loans customers. If you are a current Aussie Home Loans customer, you can log into Aussie Online through the Account login box in the top right of any page. General help on Aussie Online's functions and navigation can be found within Aussie Online itself. Instead, this section of Aussie Online help content concerns those customers who wish to use Aussie online, but keep getting a "This Page cannot be displayed", or a similar web browser error message.
To protect your Internet transactions, and provide a secure environment, Aussie online runs under 128 bit SSL. With this, a number of settings are required on your browser to enable access. There are many variables involved with using secure web sites, including versions of Operating Systems, makes of Browsers, versions of the browsers, the ISP you use to connect, and security measures, including firewall and cookie monitoring software. For technical support, (including SSL problems) the most appropriate support will be from your Internet Service Provider. They will have technical help on-line, and most will have technical help desks to call. If they are unavailable, here are some helpful tips:
- Cookies need to be switched on. This is usually under either Internet Options, Advanced or under Preferences (under Edit) and Advanced
- Your browser needs to be set to 128 bit security. To check, in your browser click Help, about Internet Explorer and look at Cipher strength. If less than 128, click on Update information and follow instructions from there
- SSL 128 needs to be switched on. Check if SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 are checked on in your browsers
- If you are not using the Internet through a corporate firewall, try setting the http 1.1 option on in your proxy connections
- If at any time you tried to download a new version of a browser, and did not complete the download, you may have a corrupt file. If this has occurred, it is worthwhile downloading again
- If this is still not working, it may be worth considering getting an upgrade to your browser, and maybe even your operating system.