Your home or investment property may be one of your biggest financial assets. You’ve worked hard to buy it, it’s worth protecting. Unforeseen life events could impact your ability to meet your mortgage repayments.
Your Aussie Broker can help you to ensure you have a plan in place should something happen. It’s important to take the time to discuss how you could protect your way of life and find the right solution for your family.
The Aussie Mortgage Protection Plan
A simple life insurance product that provides peace of mind if the unthinkable happens. The product includes protection in the event of the following:
Pays a benefit if you suffer from one of the following serious specified medical conditions:
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Coronary artery bypass*
- Heart attack*
- Kidney failure
- Loss of independent existence
- Severe burns
- Total loss of hearing
- Total loss of sight
Loss of life and terminal illness
Keeps the roof over your family’s head if the worst was to happen
- Protects your loan amount up to $750,000
- Is not linked to your loan
- Lump sum benefit can be used for any purpose – paid to joint owner or estate not lender
Lessens the stress while you seek re-employment
If you become involuntarily unemployed in the first year of cover, we’ll pay you a monthly benefit after 30 days of unemployment of up to $2,500 per month for up to three months to help cover your repayments.
* A three-month exclusion period applies to these conditions. Please read the full definition of each insured condition in the Policy Document available at www.aussie.com.au/mortgageprotection
An important decision.
Protect yourself when you need it most
You owe it to yourself and your family to decide how best to protect your mortgage and your lifestyle. An Aussie Mortgage Protection Plan might be a good place to start if you can identify with any of the following:
- you’re not sure how you would repay your mortgage if you were to fall seriously ill or worse
- you rely on one income for mortgage repayments
- you’re unsure of the amount or type of cover you might have elsewhere
- you want to think more about holistic risk cover and wish to discuss this with your family, and
- you think you’re covered by your super. If you look closely you could find that your super’s life insurance may not meet your needs (it’s estimated that life cover within super is on average only 20% of what is needed)6
Once you have a home or investment property, it may be one of your biggest financial assets. You’ve worked so hard to secure it, so it’s worth protecting.
How much would it cost?
There is a common misconception that life insurance is too expensive, however premiums can cost less than the price of a daily coffee.
Could it really happen to me?
We all like to think “it won’t happen to me” and hope no-one in our family dies or becomes seriously ill, but it’s important to be prepared, just in case.
Illness doesn’t discriminate.
|Gender||Age||Reason for claim||Benefit type||Claim amount|
|Male||37||Heart Attack||Living Benefit||$66,836|
What are the next steps?
Take out an Aussie Mortgage Protection Plan
We’ve made applying for an Aussie Mortgage Protection Plan as simple as possible. We don’t even require medical examinations or health declarations.
To be eligible for cover you must simply be:
- 18 to 59 years of age
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident, and
- applying for a mortgage, loan or a loan increase through an Aussie Broker.
Your local Aussie Broker is able to arrange the cover you need. To find out more about the Aussie Mortgage Protection Plan and how we can help you, contact your Aussie Broker today.