What is My Protection Plan?
One policy, three benefits
If you’ve thought about how you would maintain your lifestyle, your home and your future plans, if you suffered a major health event, My Protection Plan may provide a solution for you and your family.
1. Trauma Benefit
Financial support in the form of a lump sum benefit on diagnosis of these listed medical conditions:
- Alzheimer’s disease - dementia (diagnosis)
- Stroke (of specified severity)*
- Multiple sclerosis (with impairment level)
Cancers and Tumours Conditions
- Benign tumour in the brain or spinal cord (with neurological deficit)*
- Cancer (excluding early stage cancers)*
- Carcinoma in situ of the breast (of specified severity)*
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (of specified severity)*
- Melanoma (of specified severity)*
- Prostate cancer (of specified severity)*
- Cardiac arrest (out of hospital)*
- Cardiomyopathy (with significant permanent impairment)*
- Coronary artery bypass surgery*
- Heart attack (of specified severity)*
- Aortic surgery*
Other Serious Conditions
- Chronic kidney failure (end stage)
- Severe burns (of specified extent)
- Loss of independent existence
Trauma Benefits will not be payable where the condition does not meet the policy definition.
*If the condition has an asterisk, (*) a 90 day qualifying period applies. This means that if the condition first occurs, becomes reasonably apparent or is first diagnosed in the 90 days after:
- the policy start date, the benefit will not be payable.
- a benefit increase, the increase in benefits will not be payable.
At policy commencement the Trauma Benefit is equal to 30% of the Death and Terminal Illness Benefit. It may be increased or decreased to a minimum of $30,000 and a maximum of 50% of the Death and Terminal Illness Benefit.
2. Death and Terminal Illness Benefit
Financial support in the form of a lump sum benefit in the event that you die or are diagnosed with a terminal illness.
- Paid to you, the joint policy owner, your estate or nominated beneficiaries (if applicable) – not the lender.
- You can amend your amount of cover between $100,000 and $1,000,000 to suit your circumstances and needs.
- Your cover operates independently of your loan.
- A $10,000 funeral advancement payment is available to help with urgent funeral or other costs whilst a death benefit claim is being assessed.
3. Specified Injury Benefit
Financial assistance while you're on the mend. Pays a lump sum benefit if you fracture your:
- Skull (excluding bones of the face or nose)
- Collar bone
- Shoulder blade
- Upper arm (between the elbow and shoulder)
- Forearm (including wrist but excluding elbow or hand)
- Leg (between the knee and foot)
The Specified Injury Benefit is equal to 3% of the Death and Terminal Illness Benefit, up to $7,500.
Terms and Conditions Apply
Terms and conditions apply, including:
Cover is not provided for illnesses, injuries or conditions that were the subject of a medical consultation in the 5 years immediately prior to the start of the policy.
Qualifying periods apply for some conditions
Please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement and Policy Document for full details.
To be eligible for a My Protection Plan policy, each life insured must:
- Have or be seeking to take out an eligible loan, or be the partner of someone who has applied for My Protection Plan
- Be 18 to 59 years old
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or hold an Australian Permanent Residency Visa
- Have more than $100,000 but no more than $1,000,000 in total Death and Terminal Illness Benefit across all My Protection Plan policies issued by Zurich at the time of the new application (including this policy)
- Have lived in Australia on a permanent basis for at least 6 months continuously during the past 12 months. Being away from Australia for work purposes or holidays does not count for determining if they have lived in Australia continuously.
- The policy owner must receive a copy of the PDS in Australia.
How to apply
From serious illness, injury to death ALI Group’s My Protection Plan is about helping protect you and your family against financial hardship during tough times.
Applying for cover is easy via a simple application process. Find out more about how you can access this cover by speaking with your Aussie broker today.