What is My Protection Plan?
One policy, three great benefits
To help you understand if My Protection Plan (MPP) from ALI Group is right for you, the full details are in the Product Disclosure Statement and Policy Document, but here’s an overview.
If you’ve thought about how you would maintain your lifestyle and your home loan repayments during tough times, MPP may provide a solution for you and your family.
Apply for MPP today and take advantage of the 30-day complimentary period. We know there's a lot to take in so if you choose not to keep the cover, simply contact ALI Group within 30 days and they’ll cancel your policy without charge.
If you have an existing policy (previously Mortgage Protection Plan) in place and you need to make changes or a claim, call us on 1800 006 776.
1. Trauma Benefit
Financial support in the form of a lump sum benefit if you experience these medical conditions:
- Alzheimer’s disease - dementia (diagnosis)
- Stroke (of specified severity)*
- Multiple sclerosis (with impairment level)
Cancers and Tumours Conditions
- Benign tumour in the brain or spinal cord (with neurological deficit)*
- Cancer (excluding early stage cancers)*
- Carcinoma in situ of the breast (of specified severity)*
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (of specified severity)*
- Melanoma (of specified severity)*
- Prostate cancer (of specified severity)*
- Cardiac arrest (out of hospital)*
- Cardiomyopathy (with significant permanent impairment)*
- Coronary artery bypass surgery*
- Heart attack (of specified severity)*
- Aortic surgery*
Other Serious Conditions
- Chronic kidney failure (end stage)
- Severe burns (of specified extent)
- Loss of independent existence
* A three-month qualifying period applies to these conditions.
Please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement for full details.
At policy commencement the Trauma Benefit is equal to 30% of the Death and Terminal Illness Benefit.
2. Death and Terminal Illness Benefit
In the event that you die or are diagnosed with a terminal illness, a lump sum benefit will be paid that can be used for any purpose.
- It’s paid to you, the joint policy owner, your estate or nominated beneficiaries (if applicable) – not the lender.
- You can cover your total loan amount or whatever amount you choose to a maximum of $1,000,000.
- Your cover operates independently of your loan.
- A $10,000 advancement of the Death Benefit is available to help with urgent funeral or other costs.
3. Specified Injury Benefit
Financial assistance while you're on the mend. Pays a lump sum benefit if you fracture your:
- Skull (excluding bones of the face or nose)
- Collar bone
- Shoulder blade
- Upper arm (between the elbow and shoulder)
- Forearm (including wrist but excluding elbow or hand)
- Leg (between the knee and foot)
The Specified Injury Benefit is equal to 3% of the Death and Terminal Illness Benefit, up to $7,500.
To be eligible for a My Protection Plan policy, each life insured must:
- Have or be seeking to take out an eligible loan, or be the partner of someone who has applied for My Protection Plan
- Be 18 to 59 years old
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or hold an Australian Permanent Residency Visa
- Have more than $100,000 but no more than $1,000,000 in total Death and Terminal Illness Benefit across all My Protection Plan policies issued by Zurich at the time of the new application (including this policy)
- Have lived in Australia on a permanent basis for at least 6 months continuously during the past 12 months. Being away from Australia for work purposes or holidays does not count for determining if they have lived in Australia continuously.
Conditions which existing in the 5 years prior to the policy start date are not covered. Please see the definition of ‘pre-existing medical condition' in the Product Disclosure Statement for full details.
A 90 day qualifying period applies to certain trauma conditions. Please refer to the Trauma Benefit section of the Product Disclosure Statement for full details.
Certain events and other circumstances are not covered. Please see the Product Disclosure Statement for full details, terms and conditions.
From serious illness, injury to death ALI Group’s My Protection Plan is about helping protect you and your family against financial hardship during tough times.