The security of our customers’ information is of great importance to us, and we have taken all reasonable precautions to ensure that your details are protected.
We use proven technology and physical security measures to ensure the highest levels of protection. We’re constantly monitoring technological and industry developments to ensure we keep up to date and continue to provide you with strong security measures.
Whilst it's true that no system is ever completely secure, we believe the measures we have implemented provide more than adequate protection.
Online Scams and Phishing
Aussie is committed to any efforts to reduce the amount of people affected by online scams. There are, however, several simple but essential precautions you can take to protect yourself from internet scams.
Be aware of email or SMS messages that...
- Appear to be from banks, financial institutions or organisations like Aussie asking for your personal or account details
- Don't address you by your proper name
- Contain typographical or grammatical errors
- Ask you to 'verify' your account details to protect you from fraud
- Include links to sites where the address does not match official addresses used by the organisation
- Come from organisations that you have no relationship with, and have not authorised contact from
If you come across any online communication misusing the Aussie name or branding, we urge you to contact us by using the form on the Contact Us page. By helping us identify these issues, not only are you making your own online experience safer, you are helping other users maintain their safety online.
More tips to protect yourself from phishing scams
- Never share your personal and/or account details with anyone you do not know and trust
- Don't download attachments from, or click links in, spam email messages
- Check website addresses carefully, especially those where you are asked to input your details
- Never share your personal and/or account details over the phone unless you initiated the call and know the phone number is from a trusted source
These are just a few tips to keep yourself safe from online scams. For more information on how to protect yourself, visit SCAMwatch, an initiative of the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission.