- Information on how to enter and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Promotion commences at 00:01am AEDST on 13/02/2012 and ends at 11:59pm AEDST on 30/03/2012 ('Promotional Period').
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- During the Promotional Period, the Promoter will feature one (1) question per week ('Weekly Question';) on one (1) of the following three (3) social media channels: Australian Aussie Facebook Page, Aussie Google+ Page and Aussie YouTube Channel. Weekly Questions will only appear on one (1) social media channel at a time per week. The remaining media channels that do not feature a Weekly Question in a particular week will direct entrants to the relevant media channel housing the Weekly Question for that week.
- To enter, entrants must view the Weekly Question, and then visit www.aussie.com.au, input the Weekly Question in the search section provided and submit the Weekly Question to reveal the answer to the relevant Weekly Question. The answer to the relevant Weekly Question will contain a promotional link: entrants must then clink on the promotional link, input the requested details and submit the fully completed online entry form during the Promotional Period.
- Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
- Only one (1) entry permitted per person per week.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- There will be seven (7) weekly draws conducted for this promotion. Entries for each weekly draw close at 11:59pm AEDST on the dates specified in the below table. The draw will take place at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 3, Erina Plaza, 210 Central Coast Highway, Erina NSW 2250 at 11:00am AEDST on the dates specified in the below table. Entries in each weekly draw will NOT be entered into any subsequent weekly draws. Winners will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the relevant weekly draw and winners will be published in The Australian on the dates specified in the table below.
- The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The first valid entry drawn in each weekly draw will each win $2,000 cash awarded via electronic funds transfer. The Promoter will obtain the winner's nominated account details at the time of winner notification.
- Total prize pool value is $14,000. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable.
- A draw for any unclaimed prizes may take place on 02/07/2012 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winners, if any, will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their names will be published in The Australian on 16/07/2012.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant's responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia ('Non-Excludable Guarantees'). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents)is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
- The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to opt out, access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
- Entry and continued participation in the promotion is dependent on entrants following and acting in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.php.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
- The Promoter is AHL Investments Pty Ltd (ABN 27 105 265 861) of Level 23, 363 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000. Telephone: 02 8297 0000.
- NSW Permit No. LTPS/12/863, VIC Permit No. 12/280, ACT Permit No. TP12/471, SA Permit No. T12/238.